Laser hair removal is a faster, more comfortable and economical way to get rid of unwanted hair, compared to shaving, waxing or electrolysis.
How does laser hair removal work?
Our laser gradually breaks down hair follicles and works well if you have a good contrast between the colour of your skin and hair. Hair growth is impaired by the heat applied to the follicle. The follicle is the root where your hair grows from. The light targets follicles in the growth phase and only 15-20% of follicles are in the growth phase at any given time. Most patients will therefore require 6 appointments to complete treatment.
Treatment is spaced between 4-8 weeks, depending on the area of the body that is treated. Expect to ‘shed’ (no hoovering required;-) ) in between your laser hair removal sessions. You can shave and gently exfoliate in between your treatments, to maximise the removal of dead follicles and hair.
Fact…. Laser hair removal is actually permanent hair reduction. Patients can get up to 20% regrowth, that is why we recommend a maintenance appointment approximately once a year
What our laser can do:
- We can treat all skin types and remove unwanted hair
- We can treat any part of the body
- This is a great treatment for ingrown hair (generally: females – bikini area and males – front of neck)
What our laser can not do:
- We can not treat white, grey or blonde hair
Benefits of having laser hair removal:
- Safe treatment
- No more shaving
- Lasers remove your unwanted hair, with no damage to surrounding skin, leaving you with…
- Smoother appearance of skin
- Better presentation of your tattoo – consider having laser hair removal before having your tattoo
- Faster and more comfortable than electrolysis
- Less bumps and dark dots that’s so visible after shaving
- Works well on ingrown hair