Wow! Has anyone ever read one of these?
Your privacy is important to us and always will be.
We’ve decided to make the summary a little lighter to read, so here goes…
Short version: You’ll get the gist
The information we have about you, how we use it and you can see it as well:
1. Your email address
– we use this for communication, not spam
2. Your debit/credit card details
– we don’t have the facilities to clone your card and will get into more trouble than we can handle, if we did
3. Your basic details
– Stealing your identity is not a priority as we are still struggling to find our own
4. Your private details
– We keep that….. well private
5. We don’t charge you for your clinical notes
– Previously a small fee was charged, now we will not be doing this.
Here’s the long version… (Get comfortable with a cuppa)
What is UKGDPR?
The UK General Data Protection Regulation is a new regulation, regarding your data.
As a clinic, we have adhered to privacy policies and the previous data protection act from day one, so we have always kept your information confidential, now we adhere to UKGDPR.
Our aim is to be:
- Limited to those who need the information – clinicians (clinical data), administrative staff (basic data)
- Reviewed and updated to the latest legislation
What data do we collect and how we use it.
We collect your personal data (name, DOB, mobile phone, email address) which you provide to us via email, text, speaking to us over the phone or in person
We collect and securely store the info, we need to provide you with the service you request from us, like making appointments, sending appointment reminders etc.
We use your data as a means of communication, which is directly related to your treatment
Confidentially is paramount in our clinic
What we don’t do with your data:
Sensitive Data – this is an aspect we take very seriously
– Sensitive personal data and clinical photographs are taken to monitor treatment progress and is never shared without your express permission (referrals, social media etc)
On a lawful basis we,
– As clinicians we are required to retain your information as a patient, in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice (legitimate interest)
– We also process data under a special category (health related), which means we hold and use your information to fulfil our roles as your health care provider, while bound by confidentiality clauses and codes of ethics
– Your clinical information is stored on a secure software system, which also complies with UK GDPR regulation
– As a clinic we gather sensitive data (medical history etc). Your information is only accessible by a clinician. Administrative Staff can not see anything beyond basic details and appointment categories.
– You may want to access your clinical information
– Where we could previously charge a small fee to provide your information, this is not allowed under UK GDPR
– We have one month to comply with your request
– We do not use your email address to send marketing emails or newsletters. If we decide to change this, you will always be given an option to opt out or unsubscribe.
– We hold no bank or card details. We can see how much you have spent and when at our clinic, but that’s it.
You might see Facebook Ads once in a while if you have connected with us digitally.